Saturday, May 16, 2009

BORED AT WORK :) TIME TO BLOG!!!

Hello all! It's a rainy Saturday morning, and I'm at work:( Doesn't look like anything will be happening for an hour(ish), so I thought I would say a few words...

Well, since my last post a lot has happened. Easter weekend was spent with Brian's family. Amy and Jason flew in from Seattle, Donna and Grandma Katie drove up from Pella, and Aunt Vivian from S. Minneapolis joined the fun too. Friday night we had all the family and several of Amy's friends from Minneapois join us for dinner. I cooked most of the day, and have to admit it was a great meal. I had never done brisket before, so I had Brian grill some brats, just in case, but the brisket was so good we had lots of brats leftover:) Saturday morning was pretty relaxing. Brian and I headed off for a walk while Jason and Amy slept in. Then they headed down to Minneapolis to see some friends and shop for one of the bridemaid's dresses. Donna went down with them to look for a dress for the wedding too. We met up with them for drinks downtown, and had a great time. Since everything is smoke free, several of the couples that joined us brought their kids along. There two, two year olds were sooooo cute. I think the little girl had a small crush on the little boy. And the two babies slept through all the noise! After that it was dinner at Amy's former roommates house. More fun! Then Sunday was Easter. We did the traditional Easter ham, etc. with Brian's family and then everyone headed home! Ahhh...peace and quiet again.

A few weekends later, and it was Tulip Time!!! Wow. That snuck up on me. I had been trying to train for the Klompen Classic 5K, but not doing as well as I had hoped. In all honesty I was praying for rain that whole day. But I did it!!! I had a great cheering section too. Thanks Sandy!!! If anyone is interested in doing it next year, I will come down and join them:) When I decided to do the race my goal was to do it in 30 minutes. I didn't quite make that goal, but I don't think 32:04 was too bad for my first race. I even beat a few of our classmates. Once I caught up with my mom after she was done walking, Brian, Sandy, Donna and I headed to good ol' Georges for dinner. Mmmm...I love thier grilled chicken sandwiches.

Thursday morning Brian and I worked on Donna's garage attic for a while. I can't believe how much stuff Stan had up there. We hauled a lot of scrap wood to my dad's, dumped a large dumpster full, had a large stack of stuff for Goodwill, and there was a lot that went back in the attic. We worked on it off and on all weekend, but I stayed away when it was time for Donna to decide what she was keeping and what she could throw away. I didn't want to be in the middle of that. Thankfully I had friends to meet, and parades to attend. Thursday afternoon I hung out with Sandy and her family. I luckily missed the whole STD thing (read Sandy's earlier posting to understand). Sandy and I had a chace to catch up with Megan Crawford Armstrong too. I had seen her about 10 years ago. Her boys are growning up fast, and her new baby was tiny! Then Brian and I headed to the Checkerboard for dinner that night. I LOVE thier onion rings. Donna was busy and my parents didn't seem to want to go, so we actually had dinner by ourselves. Then we headed to my parents house to catch up with them and Elliott and Chas who had arrived in town from KY.

Friday was another nice day in Pella. I had a chance to meet up with the Beyer clan before the parade, and tried to follow them through. I had them in my sights at the end of the parade, but then got hung up with someone else's stoller, and POOF, they were gone. Oh well. I ran into several other people and catch up with them. I knew Kerry and Adam had to get going anyway, because we were all going to invade their house in a few hours. We had such a good time getting together with everyone! The kids are so sweet and fun. Watching Braden and Emma play the Wii was too funny. On the drive back to Pella that night I realized how much I miss all of you guys!!!

Saturday was chilly! Wow. I thought I was back in MN. I didn't pack for that kind of chill. Oh well. We headed over to my mom's house around noon to meet up with a family from DSM and some cousins from Omaha. Both parties we running very late, so Mom and I caught up a little while Brian helped my dad a little. The family from DSM finally arrived shortly before Mom had to head to town to be in the parade. I never did see my cousins from Omaha. They arrived in town just before the parade, and left shortly after. That night we had steak dinner with my parents, Elliott and Chas. After that we headed up to visit with Brian's grandma and aunt.

Sunday was Mother's Day, and we went to the country club for lunch before heading out of town. We packed a lot into 5 days, and were pretty tired when we got back. The dogs were happy to be home too.

Well, eveyone, I think I'll stop for now. Good to see all of you again!!!

No comments: